Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Henecia India picks Greater Love Children Home for Hope for Children Project

If you have been following us regularly, you will know that we have been trying to collect funds for our Hope For Children project. A small attempt by Henecia-India to spread some joy & cheer of the festive season to those who are lesser fortunate than us. If you weren't following us all this while- Well.. Now you do! :)


Following the announcement of the project, we have received loving contributions from our world sisters & we want to thank each & every one of you for your heartfelt support for giving what little you can for our project. After careful shortlisting & selecting; we decided to check on Greater Love Children Home in Chennai, India.

The first time I called, the lady, Ms. Salomi was hesitant in divulging their needs. You see, in India, the concept of fanclubs & them coming together to do an activity is unheard of! Upon careful prodding and explanation she revealed that they were looking for sponsors for the Christmas uniforms for the children. As at that point of time we did not have a big amount for contributing, I told her that since many of the girls are students, we don't have a big budget. For which, the lady calmly told me that it's fine if we can provide for even 1 or 2 children, She said it with such sincerity & kindness that it had me holding back my tears after I spoke to her the first time!

So I called them & set up an appointment to go visit the children. The Greater Love Children Home is located in a nook of Ayanavaram, Chennai in an off beaten lane. But the house is sturdy. Upon walking inside I was greeted "good evening" by a lovely boy which set off the chorus from the rest of the children in the home. I was told that they had their exams starting on the 13th of December and hence I found them all with their books, studying diligently. They were a lovely bunch of well mannered children and I was amazed to see the calmness in the house! My cousins would have jumped at the goodies I carried for them but not these children! They were the epitome of self-possession as they greeted me and got back to doing their studying.



Started by Mrs. Salomi & her husband 4 years ago, the Children home had 5 children which has now expanded to 15. From what I could see, this is a home where the children are taught good values & treated with love. This is the place where they are treated with care & given independence to be whatever they want to be! Oh! I cannot describe the joy I found in being with these children! From what I could see, apart from the uniforms, the children needed warm clothing - sweaters & socks, mats to sit as the floor was cold and lots and lots of love!

And from the recent tally of contributions I think we may be able to supply a little more atleast! Won't you join us on this mission? Help us in making their Christmas & New Year's a lot more cheerful! Join the Henecia Army! Let's spread sunshine around the world one by one!

Remember! Last date for contribution is 24th December 2014! 

Please contact us through the following means:
Mail us at ----> hyunjoong.fc@gmail.com
Twitter : Kim Hyun Joong India ( @Henecia_India )
Tania Bhowmick ( @Myself_Tania )
Gladys Priya ( @KHJ_India ) 
Ashwini Ramakrishna ( @AshMinoz )
Sana Rao  ( @SanaRao28) 
Mohana Hyndhu ( @Mohanasweety)
Nixie ( @Nixienikrosis )
Malavika ( @malavika_c )

Until the next time, this is your fellow Henecian sister, signing off! 

Spread love & kindness; not jealousy & hatred! Peace! 

Buckets of good wishes for the festive season!
Malavika :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alien Head